Tarting up a take-away container with paper is a fun, fast and easy project. They make beautiful gift boxes, but equally pretty storage boxes as well!
The supplies you’ll need:
A clean takeaway container (to forego the lingering scent of vegetable lo-mein, you can buy new takeaway containers at your local craft store for about a dollar.)
2 metal brads
One large needle
A cutting mat and scissors
What you’ll do:
- Remove the container’s handle.
- Open the container and flatten its folds.
- Lay newspaper in a well-ventilated area, place the container (right side up) on the newspaper and spray with adhesive.
- Carefully lift the container and remove the sticky newspaper from underneath of it and replace it with clean newspaper.
- Then, apply your paper.
- When the adhesive has dried, cut off the excess paper with your mat and craft knife.
- Using a large needle, re-open the holes.
- Re-fold your fabulous new decorative box and install one metal brad in each of the original handle’s holes.
And you’re done!