Almost a year ago, I asked Curbliers for their favorite DIY Flavored water recipes. A few days ago, money-management blog Wise Bread offered eight recipes to give your water a little extra zing on the cheap.
1. Salt – Adds electrolytes per those fancy, sugared up sports drinks.
2. Ginger - If you like spices, ginger is a great way to add a "zing" to your water.
3. Citrus – Freeze citrus zest within ice cubes.
4. Herbs - Mint, lemongrass, and parsley are great for adding aroma and a hint of green to your water.
5. Cucumber – Mix some slices in with your ice.
6. Wine - Try some plum wine, umeshu, or other sugary liqueurs.
7. Berries - Blueberries and strawberries have distinct flavors that could be soaked up by water.
8. Vinegar - Adding vinegar to water is similar to adding citrus: slightly sour water and vitamin C.