Lynnae at beingfrugal.net asked her readers ‘how they deal with high prices and what things they do to make their money stretch further.’ They came through in a big way! Lynnae categorized their tips, which include saving money...
- on groceries (e.g. use thegrocerygame)
- on cooking/eating (e.g. become a vegetarian)
- on cars/gas (e.g. stay home)
- on utilities (e.g. insulate your water pipes)
- on medical needs (e.g. ask your doctor to prescribe a generic)
- on clothing (e.g. hit the thrift stores)
- on various household tasks (e.g. use water from boiling eggs or pasta to water your plants)
- on entertainment (e.g. take advantage of ‘get in free’ days at the museum, etc.)
- on miscellaneous things (e.g. enter blog giveaways–including Curbly’s latest contest!)
Not all of the tips might be feasible, but they do give a reader something to think about! For the entire article, go to beingfrugal.net.