Summer feels like a long way off, which makes this watermelon tap even more appealing! You probably have most of the supplies you’ll need to make one on hand, with the exception of a few things more familiar to plumbers rather than Martha-wanna-be’s. But I digress.
What you need:
- 10-pound seedless watermelon
- Sharp knife
- Big spoon
- Big bowl
- Drill with a 1/2-inch drill bit
- 3/4-inch ball-valve faucet with a handle that's easy to turn with one hand
- PVC-to-faucet adapter that will screw into the back of the faucet
- Rubber O-ring that fits the back of the faucet
- 1 1/2 cups rum
- 4 limes
- About 90 minutes of your time
For assembling your watermelon keg, click here.