It's cold outside, but that doesn't mean it has to be cold inside! If your pad is feeling less than cozy these days, you might want to employ a few of these quick and cuddly fixes.
1. Toss a throw blanket, especially the nubby kind, over the sofa and pile a couple folded ones on the floor so they're in easy reach.
2. Accent with black–but use it sparingly.
3. Add pillows galore, especially textured ones.
4. If you have a fireplace, rearrange your furniture–or add extra seating–to take full advantage of the flame.
5. Get out Grandma’s quilt and use it as wall decor; it’ll help keep out the cold.
6. Use linens like table runners and scarves to warm up bare tables.
7. Create a reading (or needle work) nook to wile away those cold winter weekend afternoons by pushing a comfy chair up to a window for some much needed natural light. If you don’t have a window, a lamp will do.
8. Consider adding an area rug here and there to comfort your cold tootsies.
9. Add heavier drapes; they’ll help keep out drafts and cozy the look of your pad.
10. Start or LEARN how to crochet or knit, as handcrafted pillows and blankets add instant coziness.
11. Hang a portiere (or curtain) between rooms. They’ll cozy both rooms up and add drama. I’d use a tension rod to avoid marring walls and door jams.
12. Cover your legs–table legs that is. Draping accent tables with fabric, letting it pool on the floor will lend warmth to a room–and hidden storage space under the table!
For more pictures and details, visit bhg.com.