Seriously, folks, you've gotten get one of these...even if you rent, it's an easy project that you can switch out when you leave, and take it with you. Save money and the environment with this easy DIY project.
2. Most thermostats contain two programs: one each for the weekdays and week days. Many contain three programs (for weekdays, Saturday, and Sunday) and some even contain seven programs, one for each day of the week.
3. You'll save one percent on your heating bill for each degree your thermostat is set back over an eight-hour period. In many homes, this can be $150-$200 a year.
4. Programmable thermostats contain no mercury.
5. You can set the program to guarantee your home will be warmed when you awake on those cold winter mornings.
6. Makes an excellent introductory DIY project that can build confidence in your ability to customize your home on your own.
7. All programmable models are Energy Star rated, which can give you a break on your taxes.
8. Using less energy not only reduces the amount of natural resources used, but cuts back on the greenhouse gases created when refining energy sources.
9. A new, digital model looks way cooler than that outdated, taupe deal on the wall.
10. They'll be one more discreet, easy to read clock to help you always be on time!
(Photo from Rd.com)