It's no longer a matter of keeping up with the Jones, or a luxury of the leisure class. Chances are your next TV purchase will be of the flat-panel, widescreen technology.
With the improvement of the quality and cost of these techonologies comes the difficulties of making lots of purchase decisions. No longer can one drive to the store, decide on a size, and pick the picture that looks the most clear.
Some questions to consider:
- LCD or Plasma?
- How well are the blacks reproduced?
- Do I need an internal tuner?
- What sort of inputs does it have?
- How do you feel about the remote?
Check out some of the tips below to navigate through the flatscreen maze:
- Plasma TV Buying Guide
Large Screen Television Technology from Wikipedia
- How to Buy a Flat Screen TV from PC World