Closets have the tendency to become dumping grounds since you can just shut the door to hide the mess. But you'll go crazy searching for things in that disaster every time you open the door. But there are some easy, genius ways to keep your closets organized... read on to find out how to keep your sanity!
1. Line up your sandals in plastic drawers... the use of vertical space will save you quite a bit of room for other clothing and accessories. [Photo: On Sutton Place]
3. Use an over-the-door shoe organizer to organize cleaning supplies. Or crafting materials. Or nylons and tights. Or anything, really! [Photo: Hailey's Helpful Hints]
5. Screw hooks into a wooden hanger to organize belts, then hang it in the closet with your other clothing. [Photo: Martha Stewart]
7. Use pants hangers to organize your fabric stash. [Photo: I Heart Organizing]
8. Mount some crown moulding on the wall of your closet and hang your high heels on it. Talk about a great use of vertical space! [Photo: Attic Mag]
9. Use a pot lid organizer in an alternative way - for your clutches! [Photo: Fabulous Fashions For Sensible Style]
10. Mount a row of clothespins to the wall to hang tights and nylons, scarves, tank tops, or any type of smaller clothing item. [Photo: Lana Red Studio]