We have a very exciting announcement to share with you! This holiday season we’re partnering with Lowe’s to deck all of your halls … or living rooms, or dining rooms, etc. We’ll select one applicant, arrive on their doorstep, and refresh and decorate one room in their home with goodies from Lowe’s. Read on to find out how to apply (and get right on it, people; you only have two days!).
The holiday season is my favorite time of year. It’s magical. It’s cozy. It’s festive. You get to decorate every corner of your house! What could be better?
If you’re looking to transform part of your home and make it magically festive for the holidays, we want to help you! Here’s what you’ll get:
- A visit from us (Bruno and Alicia, Curbly founders)! We’ll help you design and execute a full room (or exterior) refresh just in time for the holidays.
- Lots of Lowe’s products to make it happen.
- A team of Lowe’s volunteers to help transform your space.
- Your redesigned space featured on Curbly and all over the interwebs!
Here’s why we’re your holiday design dream team:
- We solemnly swear to come up with something beautiful for your home. Promise.
- Room makeovers are our bread and butter. With a cherry on top.
- Bruno’s a super handy guy; he’ll be in the trenches rolling paint, assembling furniture, and untangling string lights.
- Alicia’s the one with visions of sugar plums: big pictures, little details, and design sixth sense.
What’s on our design mind this season?
For this project, we’re feeling nostalgic for a return to more traditional holiday decor. Yes to red and green (and white and blue). Yes to shimmery metallics. And certainly yes to some cozy textures pulled from nature. All things Scandinavian and hygge.
Basically, we want your house to have all the holiday things in small, beautiful doses. We want it to look like a perfect pot roast smells. Are you excited? We are!
Take a gander at some of the rooms we’ve done in the past (to get a sense of our style). And, check out some of the holiday trends we’re excited about this season.
You can take a full tour of the Curbly House.
Here are some of the holiday designs inspiring us!
How To Apply (hurry, applications must be in by October 8th!)
To be eligible, you:
- Should be looking to fix up a space in your residence (projects should be able to be completed within 24 hours)
- Must own your home
- Should be outgoing, energetic, and fun with unique stories to tell (comfortable being on camera and/or interviewed by local media).
- Must be able to make quick decisions in order to keep tight timelines.
- Must be available for a two-day period to complete the makeover (between 11/1/15 and 11/23/15).
- Understand that photos of your home will be shared online.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must live in the United States.
(We will only contact eligible participants)
This post is sponsored by Lowe’s. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Curbly!