I love the idea of making a bathroom look and feel more expensive without a wallet-busting makeover. Now, granted, the bathrooms pictured in the accompanying roundup aren't your run-of-the-mill bathrooms, but Julia's advice could make a luxurious difference even to the most mundane WC. Below is the CliffsNotes version of Julia's suggestions. Which ones would you consider doing? Which have you already done? Any of her tips put you off? (For me, it's wallpaper. Been there, done that. Never again.) For a pictorial example of each, head on over to Bloglovin.
- Add a place to sit.
- Add an eclectic mix of decorative containers.
- Replace your bathmat with something unexpected, like a Persian rug.
- Add a--or replace your old--mirror with one with pizzaz.
- Add monogram textiles.
- Get the towels off the floor (gasp!) and vanity top by adding hooks (for bathrobes), and rings and bars for towels.
- Add elements of brass.
- Put up wall paper.
- Upgrade the 'contractor grade' lighting.
9 Ways to Make Your Bathroom Look More Expensive [Bloglovin']