Now that December is here, the holiday parties are right around the corner. And if happen to be hosting a get-together this year, you may want to check out these 7 tips for hosting the perfect holiday party.
1. Make a list so you don’t forget anything. There’s a lot to remember when you’re hosting a party, so writing a list ahead of time of all the things that need to get done will help.
2. Ask for help. Like I said, there’s a lot to do, so there’s no reason you can’t ask for help from friends or family to get the job done. Whether you need someone to pick up an extra pie from the bakery because you don’t have the time to leave the house or asking for help clearing the table after dinner, it’s completely acceptable. Your guests won’t mind helping out at all.
3. Do what you can ahead of time. This means cooking ahead of time, if you can, and creating any decorations long before the party is actually here.
4. Keep the food and drinks flowing. This one is self explanatory. Right?
5. Make it easy. Simple decorations (DIY or store bought) are the way to go when a hosting a holiday party. All you need are a few key decor pieces to bring everything together.
6. Set the mood. Lighting and music play a part in any party. So decide what environment you want to create for guests and then tweak lighting and music to set the scene.
7. Enjoy the day. When you’re hosting a party, it can be easy to forget that you should be having a good time too. It’s your party after all. So, be sure to take some time to kick back and relax, and hang out with all your guests while they’re around.
Have your own holiday hosting tips to share? Leave your tips and tricks in the comments below.