I recently made these doughnuts for my Spring Brunch Gathering. And? They were a total hit, and matched the festive feel and color of the brunch. Every one loves doughnuts…but even better, these are baked and a much healthier option for breakfast. So you can have three 🙂
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg, & 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vanilla soy milk
For the glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. vanilla soy milk (or regular milk)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-2 drops pink food color (depending on preference)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter and sugar. Add in the eggs, vanilla extract, and soy milk and continue to whisk.
4. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
5. Spray a doughnut pan with cooking spray and add dough to each pan. the key here is to add minimal dough to each mold. i’m always tempted to pile it up, but with a doughnut pan, you only need a little dough in each. bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
6. While the doughnuts are baking, prepare the glaze.
7. Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Using a hand mixer, mix on medium speed until smooth.
8. Once the doughnuts have been removed and cooled, dip each into the glaze. Place a plate and set in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes for the glaze to set.
Your guests will love them!
Check out all the posts in our “Inspired by Spring” series:
- Creating the Perfect Brunch Table
- Easy DIY Tea Cup Planter Party Favors
- How to Make Colorful Breakfast Cake Doughnuts
Lauren Foster is the founder and editor of LoveLola. On on any given day, you’ll find her cooking, thrifting, and dreaming of life in the city. She’s constantly seeking out adventure, embracing every moment of this beautiful life. Stay in touch:
blog / instagram / pinterest / facebook