This month on Curbly we're focusing on parties and entertaining... so I wanted to share some of my favorite "why didn't I think of that?" ideas that I've run across lately. Click through to check out these super genius (and easy) DIY party ideas.
1. Waiting to set the table until right before dinner? Beautify your pile of plates using colorful napkins and a pretty flower! [Photo: Welke.nl]
2. Encourage your guests to add a hashtag to all the photos they share from your event... then everyone can see each other's photos. [Photo: Jack + Bean]
4. Use chalk notes to help guests pair their wine with different cheeses. [Photo: Carol Celico]
7. Hosting an outdoor party? Try this ice bucket alternative: fill a colander with ice and place it over a bowl or vase to catch the water. [Photo: Real Simple]
8. Give your table a special twist with these stunning oyster salt and pepper cellars. [Photo: Nate Henderson]
9. Here's another great idea for an outdoor party... serve salads in large lidded jars to keep flies and bugs out. [Photo: 4 Men 1 Lady]
10. Serve assorted pre-made signature drinks in labeled mason jars. Genius! [Photo: Rustic Wedding Chic]