- olive oil
- 4 leeks (washed and diced)
- 2 large onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp of dried thyme leaves
- 2 large potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 4 eggs (poached)
- 4 sliced of toasted ciabata
Step 1: Place a large pan on a medium high heat, add the olive oil, leeks, onion and thyme leaves, cook for 10-15 minutes until soft. Add the potatoes and vegetable broth, bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes.
Step 2: Meanwhile place a small saucepan filled with water on a high heat, bring to the boil, reduce the heat then poach the eggs in the water.
Step 3: Use a blender to blend the soup, season with salt and pepper to taste, plate up and serve with the toasted ciabata and egg.