Although it's hard to believe, it's almost that time of year when holiday parties start occupying most Saturday nights. My go-to gift for these kinds of events is usually a bottle of wine, but sometimes it's nice to surprise your hostess with something different. Here are some wonderfully affordable DIY ideas that you can start thinking about ahead of time to avoid excessive holiday stress.
1. Wrap a fresh herb plant in burlap for a gift that's both useful and pretty. Head over here for a quick tutorial. [Photo: Precious Sister]
2. Striped wooden spoons make a great present too - find out how to make your own here. [Photo: Collect And Carry]
3. Your hostess will be super impressed by this DIY wooden cheese board. Check out the tutorial here. [Photo: The Shabby Creek Cottage]
4. A cinnamon stick votive will make the party smell delicious! Read more about it right here. [Photo: Jonathan Fong]
5. Handmade tea towels are a thoughtful way to thank your hostess. Find out how to make them here. [Photo: Everyday Occasions]
6. Everybody uses tote bags these days, so why not make a cute gilded one filled with, well, goodies? Here's how to do it. [Photo: Brenda Bird Designs]
7. A pretty mason jar filled with homemade limoncello makes a great gift too. Here's the recipe. [Photo: The Happier Homemaker]
8. Remember those tea towels I just mentioned? Why not wrap a bottle of wine inside one and tie it with a pretty bow? [Photo: Simply Chic For Cheap]
9. Or use one to wrap up a colorful bouquet of flowers? Find out how to get the look here. [Photo: Design*Sponge]
10. This is my favorite... assemble a box filled with supplies for hot chocolate for two! Here's the tutorial. [Photo: Sugar & Cloth]
Looking for more seasonal DIY projects and ideas?