It's picnic season. That means packable food taken to your favorite outdoor spaces and enjoyed under the glistening blue sky or twinkling stars. The same old stuff--ham sandwiches, potato chips, and etcetera--are acceptable, but to make your next picnic extra special, you might want to try a combination of recipes included in this roundup.
1 Mango Tango Black Bean Salsa
Those are the highlights, but for even more ideas, check out these great pages:
- Delish's 12 Perfectly Packable Recipes (and Tips)
- Spoonful's Picnic Ideas Gallery
- Country Living's Eat Outside! 44 Summer Picnic Recipes
- Inner Child Fun's Top 15 Cheap Picnic Foods
- Cooking Light's Top-Rated Picnic Recipes
- Betty Crocker's Best Picnic Recipes
- NY Times's 101 20-Minute Dishes for Inspired Picnics
- Food Network's Picnic Sides and Salads
- Mr. Food's Perfect Picnic Menu: 53 Make Ahead Picnic Recipes
- RD's 9 Great Recipes for Your Next Picnic
- And for Tips for Safe Outdoor Eating, visit Home Food Safety.