Fried rice is my favorite way to use up our left over veggies and perfect for those times when you don't want to labor over an elaborate dish.
• vegetable cooking oil
• 1 leek (chopped)
• 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
• an inch of fresh ginger (chopped)
• 1 chili (deseeded and chopped)
• 2 carrots (peeled and chopped)
• 1 red bell pepper (peeled and chopped)
• 1 cup of peas (frozen or fresh)
• 3 eggs (whisked)
• 24 ounces long-grain rice (cooked)
• sesame seed oil
• 1 bunch fresh cilantro
• soy sauce
Step 1: Place a wok on a high heat, when sizzling add a splash of cooking oil, then add the leeks, garlic ginger and chili, stir fry for a minute adding in the carrot and bell peppers. Stir fry for another minute adding in the peas for a further minute. Scrape the contents into a bowl.
Step 2: Return the wok to the heat, add in a splash of oil then scrambled the eggs, quickly adding the rice then returning the vegetables to the pan for a further 2-3 minutes.
Step 3: Plate up and garnish with fresh cilantro, sesame seed oil and dress with soya sauce.