Hi! I'm Rebekah from Potholes and Pantyhose where I share and photograph detailed tutorials of my DIY projects, recipes, photography tips and remodeling endeavors.
I like to re-invent and create things around my home. And I like to do so inexpensively and with my own little flair. So today, I have a low cost, simple and organic recipe for DIY Lip Balm.
My hubby and I go through inordinate amount of lip balm. And at $3 a tube, it was beginning to add up. I wanted to find a way that I could circumvent the cost, the unnecessary added chemicals and the need for store-bought lip balm. For approximately $.25 a tube, I had my very own lip balm without the chemicals.
- 2 TBS Beeswax Pearls
- 2 TBS Pure White Refined Shea Butter (you can use unrefined shea butter, it just has a bit of an odor)
- 4 TBS Sweet Almond Oil
- 1/4 tsp "Essential" Peppermint Oil (or use Lavender, Cherry, Lime, Eucalyptus, oil)
- Double Boiler (or a heat safe bowl set over a pot of simmering water)
- Measuring Cup with pour spout
- Paper Towels/Rags (15-20)
- .15 oz new or recycled tubes or containers (I bought mine from bulkapothecary.com for $0.14 each)
Let cool for 15-20 minutes. Place the lid on the cooled container and enjoy.
Chris, thanks so much for having me here today! Please stop by my site, Potholes and Pantyhose, for more recipes, crafts and remodeling projects. I would love to hear from you