Great for small spaces, big entryways, studios, or even guest rooms, this rolling coat rack is the perfect pop of color for any space. Also? It's totally DIYable and costs less than dinner and a movie!
Heather Peterson, known around the interwebs as hrrrthrrr, created this cheerful little coat rack from common hardware store items and has a slew of great ideas for how to use it: for laundry, to plan outfits, to keep sewing projects organized, and, of course, as a coat rack. The total cost for this multi-purpose wonder? Less than $50! Ready to make your own? The items you need are simple:
- paint and a paint brush OR spray paint
- piece of wood (Heather's is a little over 1” thick and 30” x 17.5)
- (2) long pipes (60" long, 1/2" diameter)
- (1) short pipe (25" long, 1/2" diameter)
- (2) 1/2" elbow pipes/attachments
- (2) 1/2" floor flanges
- (4) 2" rubber wheels with swivel plate casters
- (24) 1" screws
After you've hit up your local hardware store, head over to hrrrthrrr to see how all the pieces fit together!
P.S. We love Heather's bold color choice, but we want to know what color you would use! Red? Black? Purple? Share your color picks below!