It's Top Ten time, people! We're celebrating a year of inspiring makeovers and DIY ingenuity with a look back at some of the biggest and best kitchen updates of 2011. From minor to major, we've selected the ten most impressive kitchen transformations of this past year. Enjoy!
10. This kitchen started pretty much as a blank slate, but with a lot of work (and a whole lot of paint) it became a portrait of the homeowner's personality! See more here.
9. Once a run-of-the-mill kitchen, this new space now boasts a dramatic, bistro style and loads of natural light! See more here.
8. This playful, DIY kitchen makeover is fresh and fun thanks to its retro flair! See more here.
7. This kitchen proves that an upscale, classic style can work in any size space. See more here.
6. Modern and inviting, this light-filled kitchen is a far cry from its dark and cramped origins! See more here.
5. This clean and cozy cottage-style kitchen is a vast improvement over what can only be described as an utterly weird 'before'. See more here.
4. Oh, what's that? Did you let out an audible gasp? Goodbye yellow, hello gorgeous! See more here.
3. Rustic and modern, this dramatic makeover took just under 4 weeks to complete, a feat that's worthy of a top 3 spot by itself, never mind that the 'before' totally looked like a dirty bunker. See more here.
2. The 'before' of this kitchen makeover can only be described as 'heinous'. The 'after'? It's known as "the kitchen of amazing awesomeness" around these parts. See more here.
1. And finally, the number one kitchen makeover of 2011: from termite haven (and probably druggie squatter sanctuary, let's be real) to contemporary, LEED-certified retreat, this kitchen makeover gets the award for most dramatic "before and after" of the year. See more here.
We listed these beautiful kitchens in order of most-improved, but we want to know which is your favorite! Also, are there any other memorable kitchen makeovers you think should be included as honorable mentions? Share your thoughts in the comments!