This holiday season, Curbly asked our friends, peers, and favorite design bloggers to stop by, have some hot cocoa, and tell us what gifts they'd like to receive this year. Today, we're excited to welcome artist, designer, and master of all things modern design, Joel Pirela. From decoration to organization, my wish list tries to cover everything... Once a year I really splurge on myself and this season is not an exception. I think that vintage and natural materials are here to stay.
1. Uten.Silo Because you need to be organized in this messy life!
2. Kay Bojesen: Wooden Toy Monkey Rosendahl I had this monkey on my list from many years ago. This is the year I'm going to get it. No excuses. Playful with lots of character.
3. George Nelson Polygon Clock
With a wall of clocks like this one, you know that I need another one. A true vintage from 1960's was selling for over $3,000, so this one seems more affordable.
4. L'Oiseau. This is done by the Bouroullec brothers and produced by Vitra. Very simple design and somehow similar to the Eames Bird I have already.
5. Square Quartz Alarm Clock by Braun
What can I say? Designed by Dieter Rams. Minimal and functional.