As they say, coziness is next to godliness. (Wait? Is that not what they say?) This time of year I like nothing better than a stout evergreen tree (complete with kitschy ornaments and twinkle lights), something toasty sweet baking in the oven, Sufjan Stevens' Christmas album, and a free Saturday to enjoy it all with my husband.
1. Enamelware Lunch Containers, $49 from Kaufmann Mercantile: I fell in love with these gorgeous Austrian-made (and totally plastic-free) lunch containers the second I saw them.
2. Chemex Coffeemaker, $38.90: I've been a fan of the single-cup pour-over coffee method for quite some time, but if I need to brew a pot for guests, this is the next step up.
3. Cork Planter Bookend Set, $48 from Canoe: Planter + bookend + pinboard, and made of super green cork. What's not to love about this multi-functional set?
4. Twist a Twill Blanket, $139 from Magpie & Rye: I've been all about triangles this year, and this 100% virgin wool blanket (in purple, please!) is so cool.
5. Tomatoland, by Barry Estabrook, $11 on Amazon: I've heard only amazing things about this book, with its revealing look at the environmental and human cost of the $5 billion tomato industry.
Cambria Bold is the Managing Editor of Re-Nest, Apartment Therapy's green living and design site. She currently manages a team of 23 writers who blog daily on everything related to creating a healthy, sustainable, beautiful home. When she's not blogging, Cambria sings and single-handedly keeps the Brooklyn food scene in business. She hates car horns and loves tulips. She lives in Brooklyn with her husband.