Caldo verde originates from northern Portugal and is often referred to as 'green soup', a firm family favourite and true 'one pot wonder'.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 3 large potatoes (chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 33 3/4 oz vegetable or chicken broth
- 5 1/4 oz chorizo sausage (sliced)
- 2 cups of kale (sliced)
Step 1: Over a medium heat add the olive oil, onions and potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes then add the garlic, cooking for further 3 minutes. Add the vegetable or chicken broth, bring to boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
Step 2: Add the chorizo and kale and cook for further 15 minutes. Plate up and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Techniques : cooking
Room : Kitchen