No need for a master magician to help make your small place appear bigger. Just follow these tips and the illusion of space will appear.
- Use light, neutral colors for interior walls and, POOF, they disappear.
- Use a darker hue of your primary walls on accent walls, as they'll mysteriously blend into the latter.
- Place mirrors in the right places and, PRESTO, rooms will look brighter and larger, and hallways longer.
- Multi-purpose furniture that transforms into something else is a mainstay of any small-living magic trick. Oooo....a coffee table that becomes a dining table...amazing!
- You don't have to use flash paper to add light to your space, you just need to maximize your natural light sources.
- Much as Lance Burton hiding a dove up his sleeve, storage choices are important. Consider maximizing unconventional as well as conventional storage opportunities.
For further exposure of these feats of magic, visit Freshome.