Point Click Home gives us eight great ways to give our kitchens a boost without breaking the bank. Here they are in no particular order.
- Have a dated faucet? Change it.
- Instead of replacing all the countertops, consider just fitting the island with new marble or granite.
- Skip expensive tiles for a backsplash field and save your bucks for a fancy focal point, like a medallion.
- Forget expensive window blinds and opt for basic cafe curtains.
- Exchange dated light fixtures for something more stylish.
- For a more modern look, dispense with window treatments altogether and paint the walls & woodwork a fresh color. And swap wooden seating with plastic or metal. (Or paint the wood furniture.)
- No need to fork over the cash to paint the entire room; a quart of paint applied in an unexpected way will do the trick.
- Add texture with new linens, like a table runner and add color and interest with a bowl of fruit or colorful storage canisters.