I've been teasing you all month long and the time has finally come for my big office makeover reveal! Are you ready for this?!? I sure hope so.
But first, another flashback to the 'before':
GROSS. Just... gross. Enough of that, moving on. Let's get to the pretty photos, yes?
BAM! (We're still trying to figure out the best way to curb cable clutter, but it's SO MUCH BETTER, right?)
We stuck pretty closely to our inspiration boards, even figuring out the best way to include some staggered/stacked floating cabinets. After some searching and considering, we ultimately decided on the Akurum cabinets from IKEA (which are actually kitchen cabinets). They're available in a wide variety of finishes, so if you're thinking of doing something similar, you're bound to find a finish that works with your personal tastes and decor! We went with the birch frame/white door combo. Installing them is a breeze, too. Just make sure you get the right anchors -- and have an assistant.
The desk is the Vika Amon desk from IKEA, which we covered in some wood grain contact paper. Due to some measuring errors (that happens), we also ended up having to saw one of the desktops in half. Hooray for power tools!
Oh, and we can't forget those neon pink legs, right? (If you're thinking of painting your own, here's an easy how-to!)
My husband is passionate about music (and movies), so we needed to allow for some space for his equipment -- a corner desk was the perfect solution! We installed a hook under the ubiquitous Lack shelf so he can hang various equipment there when he's not using it. And, of course, we needed a spot to display his movie posters and toys. Obviously.
I showed our super chaotic closet in my first post and you're probably wondering why the doors are closed in this photo. That's because we're not quite finished! The closet is currently undergoing its own storage-tastic makeover, which I can't wait to show you. It's gonna be bombin'. (Do people still say that?)
This swing-arm lamp by Andrew Neyer might be my favorite thing in our entire office! I'd had my eye on it for a long, long time but never thought we'd find a good spot for it. Then, VOILA! We started on an office makeover that was just begging for some Crane Light love. Sometimes these things are just meant to be, you know? Sigh.
And now for a whole bunch of detail photos! Sit back, grab a beverage, and enjoy.
Every office needs a Gumby. And a geometric bear to hold bills.
Coat racks aren't just for coats, people! Don't be afraid to use them for different purposes.
Some inconspicuous storage -- those tins are packed full of random office-y things! Also, apparently I am obsessed with time?
Part of my robot collection. Left to Right: Tank, Herbert, Maggie, Bonnie, Walt, and Curly. Yeah, I name all my robots.
The Lisa Congdon print that started it all!
And a closeup of the neon legs as well as the wood grain contact paper. Because why not? Closeups are cool.
There you have it, folks! My mad-colorful, art-filled, triangle-crazy office!
For those interested, here's a source list:
- Wall Paint: Fresh Cut Grass from Benjamin Moore
- Contact Paper (on desk): Pearl Wood from DesignYourWall.com
- Desk: VIKA AMON tabletop from IKEA
- Desk Legs (spray painted): VIKA ADILS legs from IKEA
- Cabinets: AKURUM Horizontal Cabinet in birch with APPLAD white doors from IKEA
- Shelf: LACK Shelf in birch from IKEA
- Chairs: Pony Sprout Chairs from CB2
- Ceiling Light: Pop 2 Light from Lumens.com
- Wall Light: Crane Light by Andrew Neyer
- Roller Shade: Chilewich Bamboo in Chalk from The Shade Store
- Rug: Bjork Rug from Design House Stockholm
- Desk Calendar: Shuffle Calendar from CB2
- Letter Organizer: Letter Organizer Bear from Kikkerland
- Desktop Memo Board: Desktop To-Do Board from CB2
- Wood Storage Boxes: Birch Storage Boxes from CB2
- Pencil Cups: Geometry Cup from Ferm Living
- Clock: Mozia Clock from Diamantini & Domeniconi
- Hourglasses: Black Sand 15-minute Glass from CB2 and Green Sand Hourglass from CB2
- Trash Bin: Triangle Basket from Ferm Living
- Storage Tins: Spire Tins from Ferm Living
- Artwork: Olly Moss, Lisa Congdon, Kate Banazi, Caitlin Shearer, Lill Fjeld