This season feels made for hosting outdoor dinner parties and relaxing under the trees of your own backyard, especially once the sun goes down. And one of the first things I think about when it comes to outdoor entertaining is mood lighting. Why? Well, there aren't a lot of bell and whistle decorations needed for the great outdoors. A few well placed lights and great food is all you need. So here are 11 DIY ideas for outdoor lighting, that will bring ambience to your backyard with ease.
1. Make a cool, lightbulb centerpiece
2. DIY your way to a tin can lantern
3. Make easy outdoor candle stakes
4. Throw together some hanging, outdoor jar lanterns
5. Reuse opaque glass globes + Christmas lights for orb lighting
6. Create a night under the stars with this lighted star garland
7. Decorate a tree with a pennant garland that lights up
8. Recycle wine bottles as outdoor torches
9. Make beeswax candles for table lighting
10. Use cupcake liners for to make a funky garland light
11. Make easy hanging candle votives
For even more DIY outdoor lighting project, visit these additional Curbly posts: 10 DIY Outdoor Lighting Projects and 8 Easy Outdoor Lighting Projects.