If you ask me, a basket without a basket liner looks kinda naked. But sewing them can be a bit tricky, especially when you factor in those four tricky corners on the bottom. I decided there had to be an easier, fool proof way to make them. So, after some experimentation, I came up with a method that involves a little math but no pattern and–better yet–no corner sewing!
What you’ll need:
- a sewing tape measure
- a ruler
- a pencil
- fabric (you’ll see how to calculate the size in the video)
- 1/4" elastic (you’ll see how to calculate its length in the video, as well)
- a small to medium sized safety pin
- straight pins
- an iron and ironing board
- a sewing machine, thread, scissors, etc.
- and, of course, a basket
What you’ll do:
Watch the video below!