This week on Curbly, we're channeling the beauty and simplicity of Scandinavian style. In the world of interior design, modern Scandinavian design is like a cool breeze. It's peaceful and serene, it's gentle and subtle. Yes, there's the Marimekko-side, the fun-loving party girl who brings it with her bold colors and poppy prints. But at the moment, I'm kind of in love with her quiet, introverted brother who's calm and steady with his...
It's no secret that we at casa Curbly are big lovers of everything mid-century modern (MCM). The classic, clean lines of this style of furniture make it timeless and easy to blend with different styles. But true MCM pieces can be hard to come by, and even harder to afford. We've rounded up some of our favorite MCM looks for a fraction of the price. And, while nothing beats the quality and durability of a classic MCM piece, these...
It's time for a summer decor refresh, and we've teamed up with a handful of gorgeous, modern brands to help you make it happen! We're giving away $2,100 in decor products and services:
- Decorist Classic Makeover: full room design in your own style and budget including a detailed write-up, shopping list and floor plan plus a $50 furniture credit (total value: $350)
- $350 in authentic peel and stick wood wall paneling from Stikwood
- $350 in comfort-driven luxury sleepwear built for function and flattery from Lunya
- $350 in "Room in a Box" bedroom decor arrangements from Remodo
- $350 in modern furniture from interior designer resource LexMod
- $350 in environmentally friendly detergents, fabric care, and home cleaning products from The Laundress
To enter, simply follow the link below and start dreaming up the possibilities!
Making ice with an ice cube tray is easy enough, but, did you know that concrete objects is nearly as easy? With a single silicone ice cube mold, you can make a variety of useful objects for the home. Read on for step-by-step instructions on how to do it!
Are you a fan of IKEA hacking? Do you love concrete? Of course you do! This light pendant project employs ShapeCrete, a uniquely shape-able concrete that allows the user to “pack” the mixture into a form, eliminating the need for complicated knockouts and additional forming supplies (read: save money, time and headaches). Unlike traditional concrete, ShapeCrete allows us to take advantage of a huge range of pre-made molds and forms to create concrete objects like this uber-stylish pendant.