Happy New Year! What better way to kickstart 2017 than focusing ahead on positive and encouraging words that anyone can live by? I'm not big on resolutions (even though I still make them year after year), because I feel I usually end up just setting myself up for failure. So instead, I'm focusing on new ways of looking at the day to day.
These ten quotes will be sure to start any day on the right foot and remind you to just smile and enjoy this new year, one day at a time. Best part is, you can download these free printables to place anywhere you need some extra motivation.
1. Go the Extra Mile, It’s Never Crowded: Over the last few years, I've really learned how valuable and important certain relationships are. Some are meant to last forever and some are just for a season. But the people that we choose to spend time with and invest in are worth the extra effort - no matter what! These are the things that add value and meaning to our lives. But more than that, going the extra mile sometimes means showing love and kindness to those we don't even really know at all. It might mean going outside our comfort zones when we pass someone on the street or at the super market. No matter what opportunities open up, there's never any shortage on being kind! Click HERE for the printable.
2. Inhale Confidence, Exhale Doubt: With every new year, we tend to focus on what went wrong and what we can do better. But every part - the good, the bad and the ugly - is what helps us learn and grow. The important thing is, take each moment as a learning opportunity and then remember to inhale confidence for this new year and exhale all the doubt from last. Click HERE for the printable.
3. Keep Life Simple: I want to steer away from complicated - in every avenue of life. Sometimes I just hit a wall where I just feel exhausted and over stimulated. I just want to keep life simple. We already have so much to be thankful for, what more do we really need? Click HERE for the printable.
4. Go For It: I am a huge believer in being mindful in the way I live my life. So, whatever you do this year, if it brings you more peace and happiness - go for it! It's that simple. Click HERE for the printable.
5. Live Less Out of Habit and More Out of Intent: This year, I'm really challenging myself to live a little different than I ever have in the past. To not get caught up in commercialism and always in "want" mode and more toward contentment with where I am at. I really want my life to feel more minimal this year, which means I am going to have to be very intentional about my decisions if I want to succeed! Click HERE for the printable.
6. You Can Do Anything But Not Everything: This is a huge one for me. Maybe all of us! I tend to beat myself up when I'm not the perfect wife, mother or human being altogether. Reminding ourselves that we can do anything, but not everything should be encouraging! We aren't meant to do it all and when we do, chances are, you're miserable for it. So take a load off and try to focus on just doing what you can, when you can. Click HERE for the printable.
7. Dream Without Fear, Love Without Limits: The way I read this is, fear less and love more. When I worry, I tend to focus more on the what ifs and I don't take chances. To have a little fear is a good thing, but too much can really hold us back from our fullest potential. Like loving ourselves, even when we fail and loving others, even when they let us down. And that's a fine way of living day to day really. Click HERE for the printable.
8. Good Things Take Time: No matter what your goals are, I'm sure they're great. So, when things don't go your way or the way you expect it - just remember - good things take time. And they are always worth waiting for! Or at least that's what I tell myself. Click HERE for the printable.
9. Let It Be: At the end of the day, if we aren't satisfied with how things went down or what we could have accomplished to make the day better - just let it go. There's always tomorrow! Click HERE for the printable.
10. Everyday Is a Fresh Start: Need I say more? Click HERE for the printable.