Ask a Question I have an old floor model tv that is broken but I don't want to throw away. Looking for idea(s) on how to make something useful out of it

I have an old floor model tv that is broken but I don't want to throw away. Looking for idea(s) on how to make something useful out of it

Subscribe to I have an old floor model tv that is broken but I don't want to throw away.  Looking for idea(s) on how to make something useful out of it Tags: living room

Icon_missing_medium Lisa Marie R... 1 Post

I am looking for an idea on how to repurpose an old floor model tv.  Was thinking of some type of storage but have no idea where to start.  I am a virgin DIY'er.  Thank You 

Icon_missing_thumb Milk

First off is safety, those capaciters can still contain power and can kill you. Second is finding a way to properly dispose of the tv components you remove.

Here is a great write up and some good comments about changing a console tv into a shelf unit. I thought about doing this but for safety and disposal reasons I decided to just find something else I liked better.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/chicago/before-after/before-after-from-console-tv-to-console-table--152739

Icon_missing_thumb AidelK That shelf on Apartment Therapy is beautiful! I once saw an old tv cabinet in a dr's office that had the screen removed and replaced with an aquarium. It was whimsical and nice-looking. Sounds a little daunting for a DIY, though.

or Cancel

Ask a Question I have an old floor model tv that is broken but I don't want to throw away. Looking for idea(s) on how to make something useful out of it