Ask a Question I want to make a mushroom footstool: construction question

I want to make a mushroom footstool: construction question

Subscribe to I want to make a mushroom footstool: construction question Tags: mushroom, ottoman, stool, toadstool, DIY

Pooch_medium Angiephoto 1 Post

I'm just trying to figure out what materials to use for the basic shape. I was thinking maybe a round trash can (or something similar) for the bottom, but for the top- I'm at a loss! Any ideas? 

Here is a link to something similar: http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=973955&catId=HOME-KIDS&pushId=HOME-KIDS&popId=HOME&sortProperties=&navCount=75&navAction=top&fromCategoryPage=true&selectedProductSize=&selectedProductSize1=&color=060&colorName=RED&isSubcategory=true&isProduct=true&tabStyle=Info

Icon_missing_thumb Cass

I don't know how sturdy it will be, but for the top you *could* cut multiple decreasing circles out of pine wood  or MDF and then layer it up and out with foam to create the shape. 

As for the base, just build a column with a circular bottom and wrap it in foam and tough fabric.

Hopefully that makes sense?  :)

Icon_missing_thumb Kara I want one too...have you made yours? How about a piece of wood for the base? Martha made these one time and used a chunky piece of firewood for a cool, natural look.

or Cancel

Ask a Question I want to make a mushroom footstool: construction question