Decorative Snowmen from Your Holiday Pantry
Make these sweet snowmen to garnish desserts or decorate a mantle top. Traditional pantry ingredients will provide you with snowman-making abilities no matter what the weather!
You will need:
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Materials for hats, faces and scarves:
- Fruit rolls for hats and scarves
- Black nonpariels for eyes and buttons
- Piping gel for attaching embellishments
1. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add syrup in a very thin stream, beating constantly. After all syrup is added, continue beating until frosting will hold its shape. Mix in vanilla. Fill one piping bag fitted with a round tip.
2. Pipe snow balls in several sizes on a parchment line sheet. Leave one inch between balls.
3. Let air dry in a cool dry place for several days until thoroughly dried out. Assemble and decorate. Use piping gel to attach decorations.