Last week, I shared the results of our fun and quirky master bedroom makeover. (Take a peek here if you missed it!) In it, we included a pair of IKEA nightstands that were treated to a simple yet colorful makeover. Check it out below!
What you'll need:
- (2) SELJE Nightstands from IKEA
- Painter's Tape
- (2) Cans Spray Paint - I used 'Catalina Mist' from Krylon
- Superfine Sandpaper
1. Clean the surface of each nightstand thoroughly then lightly sand the areas you plan on painting. After sanding, wipe clean, making sure to get all the dust off.
2. Tape off the legs (and any area you don't want painted).
3. Spray paint the tabletops! I find it best to apply several thin coats, rather than one big, heavy coat. After everything is dry, you're done!
*For added durability, I like to finish spray paint projects with 2-3 coats of clear sealer, but this isn't entirely necessary.
Enjoy your new "color pop" nightstands!