The combination of tuna and white beans is a classic and this is one recipe that you can keep going back to for those moments of 'I need to eat now, but can't be bothered to cook', yes, we all have them!
It's designed for experimentation, swap out the parsley for arugula, spice it up with tabasco or chili, the choice is yours.
- 2 x 5 or 6oz tinned tuna (in olive oil)
- 1 large red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 x 15oz tins of white beans (cannellini, great northern or butter)
- 1 cup of green olives (pitted and chopped)
- 1 lemon (zested & juiced)
- Parsley (chopped)
Step 1: Place the tuna, onion, beans, olives, lemon juice, zest and 2/3rds of parsley into a large mixing bowl, toss to coat well, season with salt and pepper to taste.
Step 2: Plate up, garnish with the rest of the parsley and serve a slice of warm, fresh bread.