I love stores like Antropologie, Urban Outfitters and West Elm as much as the next person, but I can't afford to decorate my whole home with their products. I pick and choose my must-have items to splurge on and, whenever possible, I DIY the rest based on my favorite store-bought pieces. Some home decor products have gorgeous DIY versions with full tutorials available online, so why not give it a try?!
1. This gorgeous floating frame from the Curbly archives looks exactly like the Anthropologie version!
2. Even chairs are DIYable! Try making a wooden dowel leather chair based on this one from Urban Outfitters.
3. Turn an IKEA unit into a West Elm-inspired DIY reclaimed wood buffet!
4. This DIY Moroccan wedding throw pillow is modeled after this beautiful Moroccan wedding throw blanket from Anthropologie.
5. Make an Anthropologie-inspired swing shelf for your home for less than $25, which is well below the $108 Anthropologie price.
6. Use copper pipe to make a DIY paper towel holder modeled after an industrial-style one from Anthropologie.
7. Rather than buy one, just make your own furry stool. Otherwise, you could buy this one for a lot more than it takes to make it.
8. You could buy this wood slab tray from Anthropologie or you could make your own with a wood slice and hairpin legs.
9. Make your own ombre storage basket that looks similar to one from The Land of Nod.
10. Turn an IKEA rug into homemade floor poufs inspired by West Elm.
11. Make your own dodecahedron pendant light with this unique tutorial based on a Ralph Lauren piece (that is no longer in stock).
12. Make your own tree stump side tables just like these tables from West Elm.
13. Rather than buy them from Anthropologie, you could make your own metal hurricanes from old hardware!
14. Why buy a metal wall grid from Urban Outfitters when you can make your own that looks just as good?
Any of these amazing DIYs are sure to make your home look like it was decorated with a million-dollar budget!