There are so many options our there for DIY napkins, placemats, and table runners, it's hard not to want to make them all (even for a non-cook like myself). I mean, just because I can't make buffalo chicken mac and cheese doesn't mean I don't like to decorate the table when I have guests come over.
So let's start with a table runner roundup, and work our way up to the napkins and placemats later. Sound good?
1. Make a dip dye striped table runner with Jenny Batt on The Sweetest Occasion.
2. Write messages to your guests with this clever chalkboard runner.
3. Use cardboard to hand print geometric shapes on a textured table runner.
4. Style Me Pretty shows us how to create a simple runner with a roll of burlap.
5. Grab a roll of tape and mask off the perfect design to paint a long runner for the dining room table.
6. Use jute webbing to create a rustic runner for outdoor parties.
7. Create a non-traditional runner with the pages of an old book, a little tape, and a decorative hole punch on Better Homes & Gardens.
8. Then make an ombre table runner with some of the talented ladies that put this project together for A Practical Wedding.